TAG are excited to be offering a Workshop Engineer Apprenticeship in Manchester. The role will be hands on based at our headquarters in Trafford Park in Greater Manchester. The successful candidate will work in the workshop fixing and maintaining material handling equipment. Face different challenges and you will need to have a passion for engineering and a problem-solving nature.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Apprentice Workshop Engineer
You will undertake various activities such as:
- Carry out services, repairs and maintain fleet appearance.
- Communicate with the workshop team and office to ensure maximum efficiency and meeting deadlines.
- Identify faults using industry expertise, specialist advice and diagnostic software.
- Produce parts orders and submit to parts department.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special services.
- Completes tasks by training and guidelines.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Complete all paperwork require for all jobs undertaken.
Qualities of the Apprentice Workshop Engineer
You will be required to be honest, hardworking and reliable. You will need to be safety conscious and have common sense. It is desirable that you have a driving licence or currently preparing for a test, as within the role, we would like to put you through driver training on lift trucks and in the future, possessing a licence, would enable the successful person to drive the company vehicles
- Excellent time-management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under own initiative.
- Respectable appearance.
Skills/Qualifications needed in becoming the successful Apprentice Workshop Engineer
- Applicants must have Maths and English GCSE’S Grade ( A – C ) or equivalent.
Things to consider:
The role will require working in the workshop and customer premises, some of which could be cold in the winter. Protective clothing will always be provided.
Training provider: Forklift Training Engineering Centre (F-TEC) Ltd.
Training to be provided
Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair. Awarded by IMI Awards (Institute of Motor Industry) this qualification is nationally and internationally recognised.
It includes the following components:
- Diploma in Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair at Level 2
- VCQ (Vocational Competence Qualification) in Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair at Level 2
- Functional skills in English, Maths & ICT (if required, exemptions are GCSE Grades A – E)
- ERR (Employment rights and responsibilities)
- Up to 8% off at UK supermarkets.
- Free mobile phone insurance
- Breakdown cover
- 20% off journeys with Virgin Trains
- 20% off EE pay monthly plans
- Great price cinema tickets at Odeon, Vue, and Cineworld.
- Save up to 25% at major UK gyms
- Salary sacrifice options including childcare, technology, cars and parking, cycling and gyms.
- Save more than 30% on nursery costs
If you feel that you meet the criteria, please get in touch for full information and details of how to apply!